Day 1 – Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City
Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) and transfer to hotel. The rest of the day is free for relaxation.
An optional walking tour of Dong Khoi St (formerly Rue Catinat) and Le Cong Kieu St., two of Ho Chi Minh City’s most famous streets, is available. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 2 – Cu Chi Tunnels & City tour
After breakfast, visit the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, an incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters or “Viet Cong” guerillas during the long struggle for independence. Return to Ho Chi Minh City for a city tour. Takes in the Notre Dame Cathedral, the city’s old Post Office, the War Remnants Museum and the Ben Thanh Market. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City. (Breakfast)
Day 3 – Day trip to Vinh Long
Depart Ho Chi Minh City for a scenic morning drive to Cai Be, 100km from Ho Chi Minh City. From Cai Be, take a boat trip along the mighty Mekong River and its tributaries to view the daily lives of people who work and play on the waterways of the Mekong Delta. The trip includes a visit to the floating market at Cai Be, to an old house, and to a family-run business producing rice paper – a key ingredient in Vietnamese cuisine. Lunch is on an ait, in a local house set amongst fruit orchards and bonsai trees. A performance of traditional Vietnamese music is optional. Return to Ho Chi Minh City in late afternoon. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City. (Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 4 – Ho Chi Minh City – Hue – Sightseeing
Take the morning flight to Hue, the ancient capital of Vietnam. Upon arrival in Hue, transfer to hotel. Visit the Imperial Citadel and the elaborate tombs of Emperor Khai Dinh and Tu Duc. Stop en route at family businesses to learn how Vietnam’s famous conical hats and colourful incense are made. Overnight in Hue. (Breakfast)
Day 5 – Hue – Danang – Hoi An
After breakfast take a boat trip on the Perfume River to visit Hue[chr:39]s best-known religious site, Thien Mu Pagoda. Then continue on to Danang by car. The three hour drive along the coast, through emerald-green paddy fields and through the 6-km lenght Hai Van Tunnel. Arrive in Danang, visit the stone-cutters at the Marble Mountains, famed for being a “Viet Cong” guerillas hideout during the Vietnam War. Upon arrival in the ancient port town of Hoi An, transfer to hotel. Hoi An is a UNESCO Cultural Heritage Site. The rest of the day is free at leisure or exploring of Hoi An on your own pace. Overnight in Hoi An. (Breakfast)
Day 6 – Hoi An – Sightseeing
Take a half-day walking tour of this quaint town, visiting ancient merchants’ houses, a Phuoc Kien temple, the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge, and the colorful riverside market. Afternoon drive to visit a workshop where artisans make Hoi An’s famous lanterns. Guests learn how the lanterns are made then have a chance to create their own lanterns, from designing the frame to gluing the cloth. Rest of the time is free at leisure. Overnight in Hoi An. (Breakfast)
Day 7 – Hoi An – Danang – Hanoi
Depart Hoi An for Danang to catch the flight to Hanoi. Upon arrival, transfer to hotel. The rest of the day is free for rest or to begin exploring the city. In the evening, enjoy a water puppet show – a remarkable Vietnamese art form that combines traditional music, fireworks, underwater puppeteers, and elaborate puppets floating gracefully over water.
Overnight in Hanoi. (Breakfast)
Day 8 – Hanoi – Sightseeing – Bac Ninh – Hai Phong
After breakfast visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh’s former home, the One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, the Lake of Restored Sword, and the bustling Old Quarter. Afternoon drive to Bac Ninh, the cradle of traditional Vietnamese music and theatre. On arrival take a horse-drawn cart through country lanes to visit the Dinh Bang communal house and Do temple. Enjoy local folk songs before proceeding to Hai Phong for the evening. Overnight in Haiphong. (Breakfast)
Day 9 – Hai Phong – Halong – Boat Cruise – Hanoi
Early morning drive to Halong Bay. Relax on a 5-hour boat cruise through magnificent Halong Bay, a UNESCO designated World Heritage site. Enjoy a seafood lunch on board. Return drive to Hanoi, stopping en route at the Dong Giao woodcarving village. Overnight in Hanoi. (Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 10 – Depart Hanoi
After breakfast transfer to Noi Bai Airport for onward flight. Check out time is at 12h00. (Breakfast)
Our tour prices include:
– Accommodation with daily breakfast in hotel
– Two lunches as indicated in the itinerary
– Transfers in private air-con vehicle with driver
– English speaking local guide
– All the entrance & sightseeing fees for all the visits as mentioned in the itinerary
– Boat trips where mentioned
– Water puppet show in Hanoi
– One bottle of drinking water (330ml) per person per day tour
– Domestic flights Ho Chi Minh City-Hue/Danang-Hanoi on economy class.
– Domestic airport taxes.
Our tour prices exclude:
– Flights to and from Vietnam
– Visa into Vietnam
– Meals other than those mentioned above
– Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc…
– Tips for guide, driver, etc…
– Others not mentioned in the “Inclusions”
HOTELS TO BE USED:
- a) Standard hotels: Hoang Gia Huy in Ho Chi Minh City, Vinh Hung in Hoi An, Thanh Lich or similar in Hue, Huu Nghi in Haiphong and Flower or Blossom in Hanoi.
- b) 1st Class hotels: Le Duy or Hoang Hai Long or La Vender in Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An (Deluxe room) in Hoi An, Hue Queen in Hue, the Tray in Haiphong and Hong Ngoc or Hoa Binh in Hanoi.
- c) Superior hotels: Palace or Grand in Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An (Senior Deluxe room) in Hoi An, Huong Giang or Park View in Hue, Royal Garden Harbour View in Haiphong and Zephyz or Flower Garden in Hanoi.
For this tour, according to your arrival flight that we can reverse by starting in Hanoi and ending up in Ho Chi Minh City. The trip is daily departure and on private basic.
FOR BEST TOUR PRICES, Please contact us at email@example.com